Standard Terms & Conditions - Holiday Premises
Standard Terms & Conditions – Holiday Property
Your holiday accommodation is fully self-contained; however, they are not serviced. Unless otherwise stated in the property description, linen (sheets & towels) and personal consumables are NOT provided. You will need to provide your own sheets/pillowcases, towels, bathmats, tea towels, and kitchen/ bathroom consumables (like sugar, tea/coffee, toilet paper and soap). Pillows, blankets/doonas, pillow protectors and mattress protectors are provided at all properties.
- Linen hire is available on our website while you are making your booking, alternatively, please contact us prior to your arrival should you wish to add linen to your booking.
- Failure to pre-book may result in linen being unavailable.
HOLIDAY PROPERTY INCLUSIONS
- Please be aware that all holiday properties are owned by individuals who provide amenities and furniture of their own. The standard of inclusions, amenities and furniture will vary in style and standard across properties.
- Every precaution has been taken to establish the accuracy of the information we provide on the accommodation we manage but it does not constitute any representation by the owner or agent.
- Our staff will describe the premises and location in good faith and to the best of their ability however it is the responsibility of the guest to ascertain the suitability of the accommodation for their own needs.
- Whale Coast Realty take no responsibility for misrepresentations.
- Claims for discounts or refunds will not be entertained for reasons of unsuitable accommodation.
TARIFFS AND PAYMENT
- The tariff quoted was current at the time of booking. However, these tariffs may be subject to change without notice. In the event of a tariff increase, bookings confirmed by a deposit will be honoured at the tariff at the time of booking.
- To secure your booking, a deposit amount of 50% plus the cleaning and booking fee is required when making a booking. Non-receipt of this fee may mean the booking will be cancelled.
- All bookings require the balance of the tariff to be paid a minimum of 14 days prior to your arrival. Bookings arriving during the period Mid- December to End of January balances are due by 1st December.
- Available payment methods are via direct deposit or credit card (MasterCard/Visa only).
- Payment made via Credit card incurs a 1.5% surcharge and is the default payment method.
- Credit Card surcharges are non-refundable.
- If you wish to pay your balance payment via direct deposit, please contact our office as soon as possible.
- Keys will not be issued to guests unless full payment has been cleared into our account.
ONLINE CHECK IN (GUEST REGISTRATION)
- You are required to provide us with photo ID and a credit card in the name of guest. This is done by an online Check In page before you arrive.
- Completion of the online check in is a condition of entry to the property. A paper form guest registration is available if you are unable to complete the online check in.
- By proceeding with this booking, you authorize Whale Coast Realty to charge your credit card for damage, breakage, extra cleaning, and rubbish removal. If credit card details are not available a bank cheque or cash to the value of $250 will be requested as a security deposit
- A booking fee of $70.00 applies to all bookings and is non-refundable.
- Each property has a certain sleeping and living capacity. The number of occupants quoted at the time of booking must not be exceeded. Should you exceed the accepted number of occupants for the property, our office will terminate your tenancy & require you to vacate the property immediately.
- Mattresses, tents, caravans or more cars than the property accommodates are not allowed.
- Under these circumstances no refund will be given, and alternative accommodation will not be made available.
- No responsibility is accepted for guest’s personal property left on the premises during occupancy or after departure.
- All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishings are to be reported and paid for by the guest immediately. Tenants should advise Whale Coast Realty of any faults or breakages discovered on arrival. If Whale Coast Realty is not advised, we will consider damages to be responsibility of the current guest and charge accordingly.
- Guests are requested to leave the property in a similar condition to how it was found on check-in, including the location of all furniture.
- Guests are expected to not use language or engage in any behaviour that will cause offence, embarrassment, nuisance or inconvenience to other guests, neighbours, or the public.
- Whale Coast Realty have a strict zero tolerance policy when it comes to parties. I
- Illegal activity will not be tolerated.
- Check-in time is 3.00pm on the day of arrival.
- The premises must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (unless otherwise arranged).
- If the premises are not vacated by 10.00am an extra day’s tariff may be charged.
- If you expect to arrive after hours, please contact our office prior to 5pm to confirm your arrangements for the collection of keys and/or linen.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited inside the property. Extra cleaning fee will apply if you smoke inside.
- All repairs will be carried out as soon as practicable. On public holidays, weekends and after hours it may at times be difficult to get trades people immediately. We will make every effort to minimize inconvenience, however partial refunds or discounts will not be given.
- In the event of a major problem rendering the property uninhabitable, we will make every effort to find alternative suitable accommodation for you.
- Please advise of any repairs, problems, or complaints as soon as possible as we cannot fix these unless we know about them. A repairs and comments form are provided in your arrival pack and any feedback, good or bad, is appreciated.
- Bins are required to be put out on Sunday nights/ day of departure, if they are not, a rubbish removal fee of $50 will apply (per bin).
- The red bin is for general waste and is emptied weekly.
- The yellow bin is for recycling and is emptied fortnightly.
- The green bin is for green waste and is emptied fortnightly.
- If bins are used for anything other than directions above, a fee of $50 will apply (per bin).
- Bin collection is every Monday morning.
- During business hours please contact the office.
- After hours – Please contact the Locksmith directly on 0438 761 800. You will be required to pay the locksmith at the time of his visit. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys.
- Any property left behind will be stored by this office for 14 days. If you require items to be mailed to you, they will be COD at your expense.
PETS (for properties that allow pets)
- Well behaved pets are welcome at a lot of our properties. If there is a chance that your pet will disturb the neighbours (e.g. excessive barking) or damage the property, please do not being them on your holiday.
- Pets must not be left inside the property unattended.
- Undeclared pets are not permitted.
- Extra charges may be incurred where pets’ damage property or result in extra cleaning requirements such as pet hair or pet faeces not being cleaned up.
THE SHORT-TERM RENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT
- All guests must abide by the Code of Conduct for the Short-term Rental Accommodation Industry (found here: https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0012/925788/Code-of-Conduct-for-the-Short-term-Rental-Accommodation-Industry.pdf )
Guest behaviour must comply with:
- The Code of Conduct
- Criminal Laws
- Planning Laws
- By-laws, if the premises are in a strata or community land scheme
- Terms of the short-term rental arrangement
- Any other laws
The guest must not at any time:
- Make noise that is unreasonably disruptive or interferes with the peace of neighbours and other occupants
- Act in a violent or threatening manner
- Act in a manner that could reasonably cause alarm or distress to neighbours and other occupants
- Use common areas (ie: pools or play areas) In a manner that is unreasonable and that interferes with other users or occupants of the property.
- Intentionally, recklessly, or negligently damage the personal property of neighbours or other occupants
- A guest must not copy, or knowingly retain, any keys or security passes at the end of the occupancy
Reasonable care must be taken of the hosts premises and property at the premises:
- If there are disputes or complaints about your behaviour made direct to you from a neighbour or other guest, you must notify Whale Coast Realty or their representatives as soon as possible.
Guests who have been recorded on the Exclusion Register are not allowed to be a guest at any short-term rental premises in NSW.
Visitors are people who, with the guest’s consent, are present at the premises during the occupancy.
- Guests are responsible for any visitors they invite onto the premises and must ensure that the visitors comply with the obligation to neighbours.
- Advance bookings are accepted on behalf of the current owner. If the property is sold or is no longer available for holiday accommodation, the agent does not accept responsibility for the decisions made by the owner.
- In the event of advance bookings being cancelled by the owner and/or agent, a full refund will apply, and every reasonable effort will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- All cancellations or amendments to bookings must be in writing.
- The deposit will only be refunded when and if the property is rebooked for the entire original booking period.
- A $100 processing fee will apply to all cancellations regardless of the reason for cancellation.
- No refund will be given for any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking.
- If a booking or tenancy has been cancelled due to a breach of our terms and conditions no refund is available and alternative accommodation will not be provided.
- Whale Coast Realty nor anyone representing the company or whom it represents shall be liable for any death, loss, injury, accident or damage to personal property, misrepresentation or acts of God.
- Bookings made after 1st April 2020 (at which time Covid-19 is considered a “known” event) that are cancelled due to a government advisory not to travel due to Covid-19 restrictions will be entitled to a Guest Credit or change of dates penalty free. A refund will not be offered.
- Travel insurance is strongly recommended to guard against cancellation charges due to injury, illness, personal liability, or other unforeseen events.
- The cleaning fee is charged at cost in addition to your booking to ensure the continuation of the high standards of accommodation cleaning is maintained.
- Excess cleaning costs: charged at $55/hr
- Dirty barbeque: $55
- Missing keys: cost of changing of the locks and three sets of keys
- Missing door/garage remote controls: the cost of re-coding and replacing two remote controls
- Breakages/ missing items: charged at replacement or repair value plus delivery and installation costs
- Bookings made via third party websites may incur further charges/ booking fees which are included in the total booking tariff. We encourage all guests to book directly with our website or via phone to ensure best pricing.
We trust you enjoy your stay!
Licensed Real Estate Agents | Holiday Accommodation | Property Management | Sales Business Agents | Stock and Station Agents